- Clean your space. Your house, your workspace, your car. Everywhere you spend time. Clutter is Stress’ sidekick. I find that it is so much easier to come home after a stressful day at the office to a neat and clean house. It’s a relief to know that there is no more to be done and that I can just relax. Bringing us to our next tip…
- Have “Me Time”. Devote at least thirty minutes of your day to YOU. Drink a glass of wine or tea, take a long hot bath, read a book, watch a show. Take care of yourself and allow yourself to unwind. Look forward to this time during your day.
- Make Your Chores Bite Sized. Set the timer for 30 minutes and do everything you can in that time. Clean the kitchen one day, the next day, clean the living room. Limit laundry to one load a day. Vacuum one room a day. By doing this, you aren’t allowing chores to pile up, and while something is constantly being cleaned, you are only working for 30 minutes. Don’t go past the timer. If it’s not done, leave it.
- Make Lists. Take a moment the night before to write a list of what your day will look like tomorrow. By having something to refer to, it brings a sense of preparedness to your day. Don’t stress if your list doesn’t go as planned, constantly tweak it.
- Get active. One of the greatest de-stressers is excercise. Whatever you enjoy, make sure it’s something to get you off the couch. Remember, you have me time to look forward to later!
Those are just a few ways I try to keep myself from getting too stressed. What are some of your ways? Comment below and don’t forget to subscribe!